The Little-Known Kimakia Forest and Waterfall Adventure Chase.
Joined the Cushy Adventures Hikes Clan to explore The Kimakia forest and waterfall adventure chase. A pleasant forest hike with plenty of tropical trees and plants that lead to 3 magnificent waterfalls. If you love adventure, you need to add this to your bucket list.
Among the conspicuous and outstanding features of this trail include.
- Unlike many Aberdare ranges hiking trails which are accessed via Nyandaru and Nyeri County, Kimakia Forest, and waterfalls are accessed via Gatanga Constituency, Muranga County.
- You will trek the first 3-4 km via Mau Mau road (Inside the forest though) to access the forest footpath trail which inclines to river Chania. In most hikes, you cover the first few Km either climbing or on a flat trail.
- You don’t have to worry about the hot sun, you will be sheltered by the thick cover of indigenous trees throughout the trail.
- There are high chances of coming across animals on this trail. We came across an elephant that disappeared into the thick forest. The Columbus monkeys are all over.
- The path from the point where you touch River Chania to the first waterfall is along the shores of River Ragia if not inside.
- There are three magnificent waterfalls along the trail. The first and second are easy to access for any adventure seeker. However, it takes a strong glute, legs, triceps, chest, and shoulder muscles to access the third waterfall. The entire Cushy Adventures Hikers Clan made it to all three waterfalls.
- The way back to the starting point from the falls is not any way easy. The unrelenting climbing from River Chania will give you a real test of stamina.
- Due to the steepness of the trail and the fact that you must cross the River Chania, I would recommend hiking during summertime. Not unless you love hiking when it’s Mucky, avoid the rainy season.
- Hike as a group as compared to a solo hike due to the many wild animals along the trail. Before taking any hiking trail, your safety should be the number priority.
- Ensure that you get an armed guide. The officers are very friendly and accommodating (You can DM for contacts).
- Just like any other hike, prepare yourself adequately and get the right team. This is one trail that you don’t want to be left alone. Get a supportive team.
“And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. “